Monday, November 26, 2007

Thing #23 -- or That's All Folks

Actually it's not quite all. i have one more question to finish when I get to work and can find out about sandboxes.
Another substitute librarian chided me for doing this program without getting paid for it. And I do understand her viewpoint, but I know how much I don't know about this Brave New World.

It was worth doing this on my own because I really needed to stretch and to learn a bunch of this stuff. I'm not sure what tools I will really continue using, but at least I won't look completely dumb when the customers start challenging us with this new material.

I agree with several other folks who believe that we could have used some group help. The assumptions that many of these sites make are mind-boggling to us folks who do not have the lingo or the experience. Although this is a self-learning experience, it is the wise person who can admit she doesn't know something and look for help. "Help" is not helpful on these web sites.

Many thanks to Jaye who helped me get into Flkr and import one photo. I did much better when she said I could use my own Kodak Gallery as well. Big thanks to Sarah at Glenwood, she kept me from quitting the whole project by helping me get my online image.

May I never stop learning, but I think I will take a break before I launch into another monster project like this. I look forward to going back to several sites and spending time in them. And I look forward to being around for Web 3, whatever it evolves into.

No comments: